Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 08:16:15PM -0500, Elie Rosenblum wrote:
> And thus spake David Welton, on Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 03:44:32PM -0600:
> >
> > So you just see unstable as the highest priority, always?  I don't
> > think that would bode real well for our ability to put out stable
> > releases.  Or am I interpreting this wrong?
>
> I was afraid I would be misinterpreted like that. :) What I mean is,
> I don't think people are actually prioritizing unstable above all else.
>
> If he finds himself unable to keep frozen correct while doing unstable
> development, maybe his priorities are off; I am trying to avoid a few
> people hindering unstable development merely because a minority seem
> unable to cope with both.

Hear, hear.  I *don't* put unstable before frozen, but I take flak for that
position because people want XFree86 3.3.3, *NOW*, damnit, and they don't
seem to care too much about me wrestling 3.3.2.3a to the ground for slink.

Though in truth, it has been almost a month since the last release of X,
and I really need to get another one out soon.  My only defense is that I
think I have been psychologically exhausted by 7 releases of X in short
order, and probably more like 20 compile cycles of it.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   It was a typical net.exercise -- a
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   screaming mob pounding on a greasy spot