Re: Nomination

Frankly I do not really see why the first three questions are relevant
here, but I will answer them anyway.

1.  When did you become a Debian developer?
I'm not entirely sure about the exact date, but it was beginning of
1996 or end of 1995. It all started when the maintainer for strace
couldn't (or didn't have the time) to port strace from a.out to ELF.
After I gave him some patches he asked if I wanted to take the package
from him, and so it began..

2.  What packages do you currently maintain?
I'll only list sources here, since some source produce multiple binary
packages: alsadriver, alsalib, alsautils, autofs, bplay, et, fdflush,
grep, lockvc, modutils, sed, sgrep, strace, tkcdlayout, vim-rt, vim,
xcdroast, xmcd. That should be all.

3.  How many open bugs do your packages now have?
    How many of these are severity: important or higher?
Euh, way too many of course, don't know the exact number. I have a habit
of fixing bugs, uploading a package and then forgetting to close the bug
(since one should wait for dinstall to tell you the package is really
installed). As a result I tend to have lots of open bugs that are
already fixed. I have only 1 bug of important or higher (30540,
important) which will probably get fixed tomorrow.

4.  On which occassion, and how, have you helped the Debian project
    achieve a higher technical standard ?
Hmm, interesting question. I think what you mean here is `what have
you done besides maintaining packages and generally be annoying
in mailinglists'. I'ld probably have to say: maintaining a list of
release critical bugs (taken over from Richard Braakman who started
this) starting with hamm, I have been a member of the security team
for a couple of months now, I've written a UI design for Apt, I've
(with lots of input from debian-devel and debian-policy) made a
preliminary design for doing configuration management, and I'm working
on the ultrasparc part. I think covers about covers it.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl