Re: /home as noexec and X

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 04:46:52AM +0100, Alexander N. Benner wrote:
> Ship's Log, Lt. Ben Gertzfield, Stardate 091298.0823:
> > an sh script, but I totally agree; Debian should not require
> > ~/.xsession to be executable. I don't think any other Unixes do.
> redhat does ...

Well, that does it.  I'm dropping our requirement effective immediately.

No, seriously, the if -x thing is a reasonable suggestion and easy to

G. Branden Robinson              |    A committee is a life form with six or
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    more legs and no brain.
branden@ecn.purdue.edu           |    -- Robert Heinlein
cartoon.ecn.purdue.edu/~branden/ |