Re: /home as noexec and X

-> > -> Ship's Log, Lt. Ben Gertzfield, Stardate 091298.0823:
-> > -> > an sh script, but I totally agree; Debian should not require
-> > -> > ~/.xsession to be executable. I don't think any other Unixes do.
-> > ->
-> > -> redhat does ...
-> >
-> > probably exactly to be possible for user to decide what shell to use;
-> >
-> > Hmmm i found another problem with dselect:
-> >
-> > Removing idled ...
-> > dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute pre-removal script: Permission denied
-> > dpkg: error processing idled (--remove):
-> >  subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
-> > dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute post-installation script: Permission
-> > denieddpkg: error while cleaning up:
-> >  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
->
-> That right there is a reason /var can not be mounted noexec.  dpkg
-> scripts are NOT required to be shell scripts - some are perl, and one
-> or two are executable, if I recall correctly.  And /var is definitely
-> the place for them.

hmmm probably dpkg could create such scripts in other directory, it runs
under root so it has the premissions.
and people can have their files in /var/spool/mail /var/tmp /var/spool/cron
and many other dirs in /var that's why I want to have /var mounted noexec.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NETLAB+ Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz