Re: Recompiling or not

On Thursday 10 December 1998, at 12 h 32, the keyboard of Martin Schulze
<joey@tapiola.Infodrom.North.DE> wrote:

> I wonder if it would be an acceptable compromise, if we would only
> recompile packages with the first two or three priorities?  essential,
> base, standard?

I don't think it is a good idea. Because we have three cases:

- people who do a complete upgrade or who install a fresh slink. These people will have the right libc6 library, they will see no problem.

- people who have a hamm running and who just want to upgrade a few packages. They can be interested by your option, but I don't see why they would need to upgrade "Base" or "Standard" packages more than the others.

- people who have a hamm running and who want to install new packages from slink. It's my problem until now with the new packages I made. These new packages are almost all "Optional".