Re: Recompiling or not

Previously Martin Schulze wrote:
> Stephane, from what I've seen it will cause some more problems if all
> the proposed 661 packges will be rebuilt.

Please, people, stop this! I do not see the need for this. The only
thing that breaks by not recompiling is that people cannot install
packages from slink on hamm without also installing the new libc6.
Is that really bad? We still offer incremental upgrades, we only need
1 package extra.

Compiling gazillions of packages and burrying the porters in work sounds
like a bad solution to a non-existing to very tiny problem..

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl