Re: Nomination

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 12:27:52AM -0800, Jim Pick wrote:
> Being the leader is the biggest volunteer job we've got - with lots of
> sacrifice, and almost no payback.  I think it may be a tough
> administrative post to fill.  :-(

I disagree with a few of your points above (about a quiet DPL being best)
but I won't go into them as I have already in other messages.

This last point however..  It really does seem to require a major time
investment and I believe that the leader needs to have other motivations
than praise from other developers or anything for the job.  I really believe
the leader has to be leading because they want to see Debian and the whole
Free Software community grow, otherwise you're just going to be disappointed
with the results.

--
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a _greedy_ craven little coward!"
                                                -- Daffy Duck