Re: egcc maintainer

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 07:47:20PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 08:21:31PM +0100, J.H.M. Dassen Ray" wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 17:29:24 +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > > Could anyone please tell me why Galen is still listed as egcc mainatiner?
> >
> > Because he is still the EGCS maintainer.
> >
> > > There were a lot of uploads by other people and the version number doesn't
> > > look like an NMU either.
> >
> > That's because "Galen Hazelwood <galenh-egcs@debian.org>" is shared by the
> > EGCS maintainers, currently: Galen, Matthias Klose and me.
> >
> > Maybe we should use something like
> > "Compiler maintenance group <galenh-egcs@debian.org>", but I'm not sure if
> > policy has been modified to allow more than one maintainer per package.
>
> If it hasn't been, I will hereby re-request that it be changed.
> Maintainer groups, especially for packages with high platform specific
> content, are a real lifesaver.

AFAIK, ther's nothing in the policy against maintainer groups. Last time
that issue was discussed, there were a few people that said maintainer
groups may lead to diluted responsibility, and someone (can't remember
who) suggested every team should have a coordinator. For example,
the boot-floppies maintainer field is: "Enrique Zanardi <debian-boot...>"
instead of "boot-floppies team <debian-boot...>".

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es