Re: Uploaded lilo 21-1 (source i386) to master

Adam Di Carlo <apharris@burrito.onshore.com> writes:

> Martin, Bernd is right.  What you did is package hijacking.  It's not
> acceptable.  Please, please, don't abuse this or we'll have to add
> "bureaucracy" in order to stop maintainers from doing this!

Yes, it was wrong, and I have apologized to Bernd, and I shall take
corrective action after I hear from him.

However I do ask that you look at my other message to Bernd on the list and
take a look at the circumstances. He hadn't uploaded a release in over 2
years (as far as I could tell) and there are 32 bugs, of which none has
been addressed recently. It was not my intention to hijack a package, this
is a priority important package that I wanted to see better maintained.

> I hope the illicit package was yanked from Incoming.

No, in fact it was installed, the new release was based on the previous
release of the lilo package, the 20-0.1 NMU which I also did. It works
correctly and already fixes bugs #28617 and #16582.

	Martin.