Re: glib1.1.5 bugs (was : Re: what's going on with gtk+ ????)

    Sven> i have compiled and uploaded the 1.1.5 versions of glib and
    Sven> gtk ...

    Sven> i noticed two things :

    Sven> * the glib.orig.tar.gz contains a directory named
    Sven> glib-1.1.5, which is incorrect. should be renamed to
    Sven> glib1.1.5-1.1.5 after the package name.

No. Geez louise; I can't go changing the upstream tarball. I made the
source package be named glib1.1.5 instead of glib because we have to
support multiple versions. It breaks nothing to have the source name
be glib1.1.5. dpkg can handle it.

    Sven> * glib1.1.5-dev installs glib includes in
    Sven> /usr/lib/glib/include, correct include dir is /usr/include
    Sven> or /usr/include/glib. I understand thæt this is maybe
    Sven> because of the duplicate glib1.1.5dev and glib1.1-dev
    Sven> packages, but it still is not nice. In particular it seems
    Sven> to break gtkglare package, i think i will have to fill a bug
    Sven> against it because it seems to only use the flags from
    Sven> glib-config, and not the noes from gtk-config, and so it
    Sven> don't find the gtk includes.

This is an upstream decision. It does not break gtkglare; gtkglare
should use gtk-config.

[ben@gilgamesh:~]% gtk-config --cflags                                  10:35AM
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/lib/glib/include

This is also a FAQ. Please do a little research before reporting bugs
and Cc: ing them to several people who don't care.

Also, please do not report multiple bugs in a single report.

--
Brought to you by the letters W and K and the number 15.
"It is sad. *Campers* cannot *dance*. Not even a *party*." -- Orz, SCII