Re: joe 128+ ASCII characters (was Re: EURO patch)

On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 10:37:46PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 28, 1998 at 01:11:05AM -0500, Avery Pennarun wrote:
> > Should this be the default?  Does anyone care about the
> > inverted-meta-characters?
>
>     Anyone who converts DOS files over with joe might.  Also it saves some
> time when accidentally loading a binary.  It is an individual thing.

I think those are mainly complaints about control chars (ASCII from 0 to
31) and I agree that joe has to do something about those.

Currently, joe treats 128+ ASCII characters specially too, which is not
really a good idea, I think (well, it does me more harm than good when
replying to messages with French accents or pound signs :))

Should I file a bug against joe, requesting -asis by default?  The end-user
can always disable it again, but it might be better if we changed the
default.

Have fun,

Avery