Re: Package searching...

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 01:17:20PM +0100, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> >> "CL" == Chris Leishman <masklin@debian.org> writes:
>
> CL> It could then be possible to search on a set of key words,
> CL> allowing easy searching for any packages related to your current
> CL> interest.
>
> I don't think this is useful. In my experiance, when there are
> keyword, the one I check is not listet, but all synonymous words ;-/
>
> To me, keyword only have any use, if there is a defined set of them,
> and if you choose directly from this set (without typing anything on
> your own).
>
> Please stay with fulltext search. This is more useful IMHO.

I was still going to have this.... its just that I've also noticed that the
description doesn't allways contain enough detail to successfully allow you to
find the appropriate package.  The keywords idea would be an additional way
(on top of description searching) to identify relevant packages (kind of like
the way web pages include meta tags for search engines).

Regards,

Chris

REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)   ....Debian GNU/Linux
Reply with subject 'request key' for PGP public key.  KeyID 0xA9E087D5