Re: Strange and evil CD's..

On Wed, Nov 25, 1998 at 04:10:15PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I'm interesting to know how vendors like to screw up pressing Debian CD's
> and what can be done to
>   1) Detect such a CD
>   2) Fix it.

 IIRC, the most common screw up is a bad CD layout. That could be solved
 mounting the cdrom in /screwed-up (not that we are going to use that mount
 point) and have a script that makes symlinks with the proper layout in
 /debian-cdrom

 Another common screw up is a Packages files with paths that don't have
 anything to do with whatever's on the CD. That could be fixed running
 dpkg-scanpackages with the proper override file, and have something like
 this

 /debian-cdrom/dists/slink/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
 /debian-cdrom/dists/slink/main/binary-i386/base -> /screwed-up/.../base

 And the last one is damaged files which can be checked with md5sum.
 Download the pacakages from the net and have something like the previous
 arrangement.

						Marcelo