Re: QT non-free but becoming compatible to debian? (was Re: Qt license change)

On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 at 07:16:52PM -0500, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> I think the real shame is that the GPL is not OpenSource friendly.
> GPL only knows of itself or other licenses that it can cannibalise
> (so called virus effect).

Huh?  What an absurd statement. You do, of course, realize, that Linux
owes almost everything to the fact that it is free, and that the GPL
makes sure that it stays free.

The GPL is unfriendly to those who would like to take Free software
and make it non-free.

Of course, this does make it a tad less free than, say, the X license.
Too bad for those who would like to appropriate free code for
proprietary use.

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org