Re: QT non-free but becoming compatible to debian? (was Re: Qt license change)

On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 12:34:23PM +0100, Peter Makholm wrote:
> Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:
> > > One time GPL - Always _GPL_.
> > > One time QPL - Always Open Source.
> > If that were the case it'd be no problem since the GPL is an OSS license.
> It will be a problem, but the problem is not QPL, it is GPL.
> I can't make a GPLed program that demands a not GPLed library, and
> that's the problem with KDE. They try to make a GPLed program that
> demands a GPLed library.

Yes you can, see the rant I just finished posting seconds ago so I don't
have to dig out a cluebat..  Think X.

> I think we can have Qt and with a litle exception to the license the
> core of KDE in main. We will still have problems with the new
> user interfaces to old GPLed programs.
> But then again, let wait till someone we all thrust have looked it
> over. (As new on the list I take you words for whom I can thrust)

The problem is less than you think it is, REALLY.  I promise, I've been
reading licenses over and over the past 24 hours.  The GPL is not that anal
about what licenses are allowed.

Show me the code or get out of my way.