Re: QT non-free but becoming compatible to debian? (was Re: Qt license change)

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:

> > One time GPL - Always _GPL_.

> > One time QPL - Always Open Source.

> If that were the case it'd be no problem since the GPL is an OSS license.

It will be a problem, but the problem is not QPL, it is GPL.

I can't make a GPLed program that demands a not GPLed library, and
that's the problem with KDE. They try to make a GPLed program that
demands a GPLed library.

I think we can have Qt and with a litle exception to the license the
core of KDE in main. We will still have problems with the new
user interfaces to old GPLed programs.

But then again, let wait till someone we all thrust have looked it
over. (As new on the list I take you words for whom I can thrust)

--
Peter er den mindst gamle af de gammeldags usenettere, og moderator på
den eneste modererede gruppe i dk.*, so there.