Re: Qt license change

Someone copied me on this thread. Note that I do not get debian-devel.

The GPL does not allow distribution of _proprietary_ applications using
GPL-ed facilities. It does allow free software to be sold.

This license is not much different from having GPL-ed headers.

	Thanks

	Bruce

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 11:48:26AM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:

> > > The QPL requires a commercial license for proprietary apps..
> > > The GPL does not allow commercial apps but doesn't offer other licensing.
> >
> > What???  GPL most certainly DOES allow commercial apps.  www.fsf.org even
> > has an article on selling GPL software!
>
> If the code is proprietary (which is what I meant above) QPL says you need a

I still don't follow.  What does this have to do with the issue?
Proprietary code is, by definition, not open source.  We all agree that's
bad.  What's the point?

Incidentally, the GPL quite clearly spells out that you must distribute your
code.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |