Re: Qt license change

luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr writes:

> but there is still the problem on commercial software production with Qt, you
> have to buy Qt commercial to produce commercial Qt products. I am
> not entirely sure but they were comments saying that this is not
> FDSG compliant. and i seem to remember there is some limitation on
> this, something about fee you can charge, or other such.

Is it this you're thinking of

>From DFSG:

    3. Derived Works
       The license must allow modifications and derived works, and must
       allow them to be distributed under the same terms as the license
       of the original software.

Are applikations linked with a library a drived work?

I fully understand TrollTechs clause. Even programers have to eat ;-)

> anyway, it is only a draft, and thus we will have to wait for the definitiv
> version.

Nope, we have to push in the right direction!

--
Peter er den mindst gamle af de gammeldags usenettere, og moderator på
den eneste modererede gruppe i dk.*, so there.