Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

***** JT => James Troup

JT> None of non-US is on open USA ftp servers and non-US is not
JT> usually part of CDs and it's certainly not part of the official
JT> CD.  How can something which is not on the ftp servers or CDs be a
JT> part of main?  It isn't.

I read this as if you consider non-US DFSG free packages not part of
Debian.  Please, help me to discover this is untrue (i.e., clarify
your position, I'm very interested in what you think).

Is it that difficult to accommodate some solution, I'm not arguing one
in particular, to let people tell which non-US packages are part of
Debian and which are not?

At the present time it seems like all of non-US isn't part of Debian.
This discriminates DFSG free software that I, for one, would very much
to be in Debian, I mean the _official_ Debian.

I'm under the impression that many of you think that this issue should
be ignored and that we should rest in peace with our current layout,
because changing may be inconvenient for some technical reason.

Our current layout looks to me in strident contrast with our Social
Contract.

Regards,

--
Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr] - <http://salve.home.ml.org/>