Re: Intent to package snarf

On Fri, Nov 13, 1998 at 05:49:36AM -0800, Joel Klecker wrote:
> I will construct some pathological test cases and try them. Sounds like fun
> actually :)

Only you would find trying to throw legally correct but logically broken or
at least very odd URLs at a program to greak it fun...

Okay maybe Manoj might also be amused by it, but.  =>

> >2. Check to see if it has new features since version 1.12 that other
> >   Debian packages do not.
>
> wget and htget are the only two packages similar to it that I am aware of.
> wget is more functional, but *much* bigger, and htget is smaller, but less
> functional. The author has rewritten snarf from scratch with 2.0, even
> saying that 1.x was very kludgy in the README.

Have you talking a look at got_it?  Aside from the author being quite
clearly grammatically challenged, I've been told it's fairly nice for
getting a single URL.

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.