Re: Intent to package (fwd)

 : Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 08:21:10 -0500
 : From: Behan Webster <behanw@verisim.com>
 : Subject: Intent to package
 :
 : Three packages I've been using privately:
 :
 : 	bjorb: a package for wrapping various services with SSL (i.e. Can be
 : used to wrap the following with SSL: POP3, IMAP, SMTP, LPAD, TELNET,
 : etc)  Does this need to go to non-US?
 : 	heyu: a program that works with the CM11A X10 controller (the "x10"
 : package only seems to work with the CP290P controller)
 : 	x10-cm11: another program to control the CM11A X10 controller that
 : comes from the beowulf project.
 :
 : Since I've been using these privately for a while (testing them out)
 : these packages are already packaged, so I will upload them ASAP assuming
 : that nobody objects.

from dists/slink/binary-i386/Packages

Package: heyu
Version: 1.19-7
     'heyu' is similar to the package 'x10', differing mainly in the
 controller supported (this package supports CM11A, 'x10' supports the
CP290)
 X-10 modules are devices that plug into an electrical outlet and allow
you
 to remotely control the power to a lamp or an appliance that is plugged
 into them. There are also X-10 modules that install in place of wall
 switches to control lights, fans, and many other appliances.
     This package supports the CM11A Interface (from Radio Shack), which
 supports two-way communication.  This allows for devices such as motion
 detectors to trigger scripts on your system, turning lights on,
updating
 web pages, or send you e-mail.
        See: http://www.prado.com/~dbs/  For more information
installed-size: 54

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD