Re: Intent to package snarf

At 04:36 -0800 1998-11-13, John Goerzen wrote:
>If you want to repackage snarf, I'd suggest two things:
>
>1. Check it out carefully.  Try it with "Strange" URLs and see what happens.

I will construct some pathological test cases and try them. Sounds like fun
actually :)

>2. Check to see if it has new features since version 1.12 that other
>   Debian packages do not.

wget and htget are the only two packages similar to it that I am aware of.
wget is more functional, but *much* bigger, and htget is smaller, but less
functional. The author has rewritten snarf from scratch with 2.0, even
saying that 1.x was very kludgy in the README.

>I'm not interested in packaging it anymore, so if you want to go ahead, feel
>free, but I should send you the original changelog and there should be a
>note about what happened to it.

Please do.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>