Re: cc'ing (was Re: Mozilla goes GTK+ instead of Qt)

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Filter on the ISP. Get duplicate suppression on.

Some of us use Netscape Communicator as out MUA.  Communicator lets you
script filters with JavaScript.  Since I face a lot of problems with
duplicate emails I wrote a Netscape Communicator JS mail filter that
helps me weed out the duplicates.  I thought I'd share it -

% head -n 6 ~/.netscape/mailrule
version="6"
logging="yes"
name="deleteDuplicates"
enabled="yes"
type="2"
scriptName="deleteDuplicates"

% more ~/.netscape/filters.js

// JavaScript filter to filter duplicate email
// Copyright (C) 1997 Sudhakar Chandrasekharan <thaths@netscape.com>
// You can redistribute and/or modify this program under the terms of
the
// GNU General Public License (GPL).

var listOfIds = {};

function deleteDuplicates(message) {
        var id = message["Message-ID"];
        if (true != listOfIds[id]) {
                // No such previous message
                listOfIds[id] = true;
                return false;
        } else {
                // A message with the same ID already exists
                message.folder = "mailbox:Duplicates";
		// message.trash;
                return true;
        }
}

NOTE:
* The above will work for Netscape Communicator 4.0X

* If using Netscape Communicator 4.5X with an IMAP server the mailrule
and filters.js file exist in ~/ns_imap/imap_server.domain.com/  I don't
know where the mailrule and filters.js file exist if you are using a pop
server.

* For more information on scripting your own JS filters refer to
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/jsguide4/mail.htm

Thaths
--
Marge:  Well, we'll just going to have to cut down on luxuries.
Homer:  Well, you know, we're always buying Maggie's vaccinations for