Re: Several questions to sgml-tools

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 10:22:49PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> 1) How to mark portions of text which should be typed in
>    larger/smaller font (HTML-Tag <font>)?
> 2) How do I get centered text?
> 3) How do I a simple line break (which should not start a
>    new paragraph with vertical spacing)
> 5) How can I introduce vertical spacing (more or less
>    concerning to LaTeX output like \hfil)

Why do you need these?  If it's just eye candy, you should forget it.
SGML is about teaching the computer to know the structure of your
text, not about teaching it how to typeset it.  Use style sheets - or
whatever the equivalent is with sgml-tools - if you are concerned
about the visual look of your typeset document.

Do you have some logical concepts you want to express with the points
1-3,5 above?

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho A7 <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **

                       The FAQ is your friend.
                            Trust the FAQ.