Re: Apt UI design

On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 09:11:38PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > It's not unreasonable I hope if a source fails for some reason for other
> > sources to be used instead (this includes the update stage)
>
> Yes, I realized that myself. I think we need to add a layer on top of
> the source selection so we can have multiple physical sources for one
> logical source. This has a couple of advantages: you can tell apt
> which sources are the same so apt only needs to download the Packages
> file from one of them, and you can give each logical source a handy
> nickname to identify it, which we can use on menus/prompts later.

It'd be nice actually if apt did this itself...  ie, compare package list
md5sums..  If the md5sums match, it does NOT need to get the package file.
If they do not, it needs to.  However it should be able to return a list of
all server/paths that have a particular file as I was saying before.

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.