Re: Apt UI design

Previously Joseph Carter wrote:
> It's not unreasonable I hope if a source fails for some reason for other
> sources to be used instead (this includes the update stage)

Yes, I realized that myself. I think we need to add a layer on top of
the source selection so we can have multiple physical sources for one
logical source. This has a couple of advantages: you can tell apt
which sources are the same so apt only needs to download the Packages
file from one of them, and you can give each logical source a handy
nickname to identify it, which we can use on menus/prompts later.

Wichert.