Re: wxgtk: Is this free software?

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:

> EVERY TIME there is a potential license problem, SOMEONE will
> immediately post a message saying the package should be removed
> immediately, without consulting the upstream authors.  That's just
> silly.

No, actually it's not.  If the license doesn't, e.g. allow us to
distribute the software, we should _NOT_ continue to violate the
license while waiting for resolution upstream.  Suggesting anything
else _is_ silly.

P.S. You're exaggerating (``EVERY TIME''); just look back (prior to
you becoming a developer, FWIW) to when I filed a whole host of "foo
is not DFSG free software" bugs, to see how badly you're wrong.

P.P.S Anyone bored and want to have some fun[1]?  Why not check
through the licenses in non-free to see how much software we're
illegally distributing (if any)? Caveat: law degree not essential but
preferred to decipher the so-called licenses of a lot of software in
non-free.

[1] For some versions of.

--
James