Re: Intend to package, create OSS/Free

Hi,
>>"Wichert" == Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@liacs.nl> writes:

 Wichert> From what I saw pcmcia parses $(KSRC)/debian/changelog to get the
 Wichert> correct version. And since make-kpgd didn't pass the Debian revision
 Wichert> I needed to parse that file anyway. So I just changed the regexp
 Wichert> a bit and extracted $(KVERS) from there as well..

	Heh. Clever. Really cute.

 Wichert> I'ld rather have you come up with a clean solution so both pcmcia
 Wichert> and ALSA can use that..

	I can arrange to have the debian version passed in the ENV
 variable KDREV, or something. That would be clean.

	manoj
--
 What is involved in such [close] relationships is a form of emotional
 chemistry, so far unexplained by any school of psychiatry I am aware
 of, that conditions nothing so simple as a choice between the poles
 of attraction and repulsion.  You can meet some people thirty, forty
 times down the years, and they remain amiable bystanders, like the
 shore lights of towns that a sailor passes at stated times but never
 calls at on the regular run.  Conversely, all considerations of sex
 aside, you can meet some other people once or twice and they remain
 permanent influences on your life. Everyone is aware of this
 discrepancy between the acquaintance seen as familiar wallpaper or
 instant friend.  The chemical action it entails is less worth
 analyzing than enjoying.  At any rate, these six pieces are about men
 with whom I felt an immediate sympat - to use a coining of Max
 Beerbohm's more satisfactory to me than the opaque vogue word
 "empathy". Alistair Cooke, "Six Men"