pgp => gpg

Hi all,

At the moment I am using pgp2i, but I would like to try and change to
gnupg.  My question is - will I need to generate a new public/private key,
or is it possible to use my pgp one with gnupg?

I would really prefer to keep my old one, as otherwise I'll have to
distribute a new key, not to mention get signatures, etc, etc.

Also, can gnupg use pgp public keys (and which versions of pgp?).   And
which versions of pgp can use gnupg keys?

Sorry if this sounds very nieve.....if I've got myself all muddled up could
someone please explain how all this stuff really does work?

Thanks,

Chris

REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)   ....Debian GNU/Linux
Reply with subject 'request key' for PGP public key.  KeyID 0xA9E087D5