Re: Removing Packages in Slink for Debian 2.1

Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

> Okay, everybody...  It's that time again.  I've gone through the bug logs
> and made my list of packages to keep/remove should they still have
> release-critical (i.e. critical, grave, or important) bugs at ship time.

What do you think we should do with the Gnome stuff?

The Gnome 0.30 stuff is still under rather heavy development.  The
current packages in Slink are pretty much alpha-quality.  Lots of
things don't work.  It sounds like there will probably be a 1.0
release coming up in a few months that will be thoroughly tested and
stable.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to release them as a part of a
"stable" distribution, as they really aren't.  There aren't any
guarantees that the stuff that runs today is going to run tomorrow.

Cheers,

 - Jim