Re: Removing Packages in Slink for Debian 2.1

On Wed, Oct 14, 1998 at 09:33:22PM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:
> What do you think we should do with the Gnome stuff?

Keep it in!

> The Gnome 0.30 stuff is still under rather heavy development.  The
> current packages in Slink are pretty much alpha-quality.  Lots of
> things don't work.  It sounds like there will probably be a 1.0
> release coming up in a few months that will be thoroughly tested and
> stable.

Declare the packages alpha if you want but keep it in please. Let's give the
people a chance to use gnome. BTW I use it and found parts to be pretty
stable.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!