Re: Removing Packages in Slink for Debian 2.1

Jim Pick wrote:

> Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:
>
> > Okay, everybody...  It's that time again.  I've gone through the bug logs
> > and made my list of packages to keep/remove should they still have
> > release-critical (i.e. critical, grave, or important) bugs at ship time.
>
> What do you think we should do with the Gnome stuff?
>
> The Gnome 0.30 stuff is still under rather heavy development.  The
> current packages in Slink are pretty much alpha-quality.  Lots of
> things don't work.  It sounds like there will probably be a 1.0
> release coming up in a few months that will be thoroughly tested and
> stable.

I vote for "leave them in".  I feel much in favour of presenting
them to the world.  Basically they work.  There are bugs and some
pieces don't work.  I don't consider this as a problem.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Install joe (Joey's Own Editor)     correct: Joe's Own Editor