Re: KDE gone, Lyx next ?

foka@debian.org:
>On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 07:59:14PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
>>Joseph Carter wrote:
>>>It's irrelevant.  Lyx is free code using a license that does not allow us to
>>>link it with non-free code.  We can't distribute it if they won't modify
>>>their license.  But like KDE, they deserve a chance to do something about
>>>it.
>>That's what I feared.  Bye-bye LyX.
>>[flamefest from Matthias Ettrich <ettrich@troll.no> ]
>I hope the situation is not as grim as it may sound.  Try talking to other
>developers on the LyX list, not to Matthias.  Yes, he founded the project,
>and is working on KLyX, but I don't think he has any final say on the
>matter.  I believe that the other LyX Team are a lot nicer and a lot more
>reasonable to discuss with.

In particular, I think Matthias's interest in KDE means that he is more
concerned with making Debian's position over the licensing issues awkward
than with making Lyx accessible...
--
David/Kirsty Damerell.                       damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~damerell/ w.sp.lic.#pi<largestprime>.2106