Re: KDE gone, Lyx next ?

On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 07:59:14PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Joseph Carter wrote:
> > It's irrelevant.  Lyx is free code using a license that does not allow us to
> > link it with non-free code.  We can't distribute it if they won't modify
> > their license.  But like KDE, they deserve a chance to do something about
> > it.
>
> That's what I feared.  Bye-bye LyX.
>
> [flamefest from Matthias Ettrich <ettrich@troll.no> ]

I hope the situation is not as grim as it may sound.  Try talking to other
developers on the LyX list, not to Matthias.  Yes, he founded the project,
and is working on KLyX, but I don't think he has any final say on the
matter.  I believe that the other LyX Team are a lot nicer and a lot more
reasonable to discuss with.

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada