Re: Perl policy for managing modules ?

On 11 Oct 1998 21:14:40 -0500, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> said:
> "Raphael" == Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> writes:
>
>> Because most of the perl modules will work with all coming
>> version of perl.
>
> 	I guess I am confused. How do we know this? How can we be
> certain that there shall not be any further binary incompatibilities
> introduced in Perl?

I believe he's talking about Perl modules without XS (or other non-Perl)
components.  These aren't affected by changes in binary compatibility.
Compiled modules would still go into a versioned directory (using, I
hope, a scheme which really tracks binary compatibility rather than Perl
version numbers, as you describe).

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick@argon.org