Re: KDE gone, Lyx next ?

On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 09:52:21AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> There are those possibilities, but the lyx people will probably give
> permission for linking with libforms since they clearly intend for that to
> be done.  The biggest problem with KDE was outside code that was ported and
> that the KDE people did not want to make the needed changes.  Has anyone yet
> contacted the lyx people?

Yes, me.

> > IMO we should try to keep lyx. Or do we have an alternative to offer? With
> > kde we could say try gnome which IMO is much better anyway.
>
> This is not, I repeat -NOT- about whether or not we can replace KDE with
> Gnome or we can replace lyx with anything else.  We should try to convince
> the lyx people to make the changes we need to allow us to keep lyx, just as
> we tried with KDE.

Please read my statement. I never said this is about replacements. I just
said we should try to keep it because it is important IMO. Not that we
didn't try with KDE though.

> I agreed that KDE needed to be removed because of the license problems, NOT
> because it was non-free code or anything so petty.

No one said that.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!