Re: APT 0.1.6 is released!

Dale Scheetz writes:
> You can't ever remove A. Systems "pre-split" must always be upgradable to
> systems after the split.

They would still be upgradable: they'd just revert to what I understand to
be the present behavior: A vanishes.  But, ok.

> Doesn't necessarily mean that this isn't a workable idea, just that it
> will always have this baggage.

Doesn't seem like very objectionable baggage.  The packages would have
descriptions that makes it clear what they are, and there would never be
very many.

When I think about it more, I guess I would want to keep them around.  B
and C were together in A because someone once thought they belonged
together.  It is likely that others will think similarly, or just remember
'A' from bo and go looking for it in emperor.  This scheme gives them
what they expect.  Think of these as a type of 'superpackage'.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)