Re: Re: APT 0.1.6 is released!

debian-devel-request@lists.debian.org wrote:
> > I think you need to install the new nfs-server package.
>
> Yeah, I got bit by that too, and it took me a while to find that...
> maybe we need some sort of "transitional-recommends" field?  Something
> that is ignored if you are installing the package (to avoid causing
> even more pain to dselect users, or something), but noticed on an
> upgrade? (obviously it need more subtlety than that, but this might be
> a more useful distinction than we've had before for splitting
> packages...)
>
> [it is *possible* that nfs-server wasn't even on the mirrors, maybe
> because it was new, when the netstd or netbase or whatever used to
> have it, dropped it; oh well, that's what "unstable" is all about...]

I upgraded to unstable yesterday, and had no problem. dselect automatically
selected nfs-server, telnetd, etc., so I didn't have to do any of that.

Does dselect automatically select anything in the base section and anything in
priorities Important and Standard? Or have those packages been selected for me
the way the new split ones from unstable were?

-Jamey