Re: Contacting authors

Joey Hess wrote:
> > Example: hypermail@authors.debian.org would redirect the mail to
> > kent@landfield.com who is the current developer of hypermail.
>
> It seems like a good idea in general. The only 2 problems I can see are that
> we would have to keep track of authors changing their email addresses, and
> that some authors may not want this as an address that points to them (they
> may be concerned about spam going to it, for example).

We already have to keep track of authors changing their email addresses
since we have to put their name and address in the copyright file.

Re spam: I'd like to make it optional so it does not have to be
used but only should.  Each pkg. maintainer could negotiate with
the upstream author about this feature and not use it if the author
doesn't like that.

Regards,

	Joey

--
There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.