Re: Switch to perl-5.005_02 ?

Le Mon, Oct 05, 1998 at 06:41:47PM +0200, Alexander Koch écrivait:
> Now. Who comes up with a Perl 5.005_02 for experimental?
> I'd like to run it against the walls to see if it does
> anything "not-so-nice" or something.

[I don't answer, I try to summarize]

AFAIK, Darren Stalder (the perl maintainer) will release RSN two packages.
Perl in the unstable dist and perl-thread in the experimental
directory.

We will be able to install both since there will be two differents
binaries (/usr/bin/perl and /usr/bin/perl-thread).

After that we will have to recompile lib*-perl package. I can fill
bugreport against those package. Maintainers who will not be able to
recompile their packages should tell it here and ask if somebody can do
it.

Is this really too difficult ? I know that the freeze time approaches
but in fact we are still in unstable.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/