Re: Switch to perl-5.005_02 ?

Le Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 10:08:01PM -0400, Roderick Schertler écrivait:
> One wouldn't want to switch /usr/bin/perl to have threading enabled at
> this point, as there is still a significant speed penalty (somewhere in
> the neighborhood of 30%, even if you haven't spawned any auxiliary
> threads).  I think it would be reasonable to switch to a non-threaded
> 5.005_02, though.

Why not propose perl and perl-thread ? Each one would conflict with the
other one, but that's not a problem. The problem is : "Can the maintainer
package perl5.005 ?". I would like to help but I'm a still a new Debian
developer and really not a C hacker... after perl5.005 has been packaged,
there should be no problem. lib*-perl packages need no modifications, just
a recompilation.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/