Copyrights and licenses
I have a few questions about copyrights and licenses and such.
I have a tarball with scripts, *.c's, *.h's and *.m4's.
There are a total of 8 different licenes, as shown below,
although 6 and 7 are probably identical legally speaking.
* The 2 m4 files do not have any license in them. Is that OK?
* While t_sha.c has license 7, t_sha.h has no license. Is that OK?
* License n looks a bit vague - is it valid?
* License 2 says:
The use of this software for revenue-generating purposes may require a
license from the owners of the underlying intellectual property.
Specifically, the SRP-1 protocol may not be used for revenue-generating
purposes without license.
I believe this makes it non-free - am I correct?
* Is there any other problem with compiling files using licenses 1-7 together?
# Copyright 1991 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
# Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its
# documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that
# the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that
# copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
# documentation, and that the name of M.I.T. not be used in advertising or
# publicity pertaining to distribution of the software without specific,
# written prior permission. M.I.T. makes no representations about the
# suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is"
# without express or implied warranty.
* Copyright (c) 1997 Stanford University
* The use of this software for revenue-generating purposes may require a
* license from the owners of the underlying intellectual property.
* Specifically, the SRP-1 protocol may not be used for revenue-generating
* purposes without license.
* Within that constraint, permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute
* this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted
* without fee, provided that the above copyright notices and this permission
* notice appear in all copies of the software and related documentation.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
* EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
* WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
* IN NO EVENT SHALL STANFORD BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL,
* INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
* RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF
* THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT
* OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
# Copyright (C) 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# This Makefile.in is free software; the Free Software Foundation
# gives unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify it.
* The authors of this software are Don Mitchell and Matt Blaze.
* Copyright (c) 1995 by AT&T.
* Permission to use, copy, and modify this software without fee
* is hereby granted, provided that this entire notice is included in
* all copies of any software which is or includes a copy or
* modification of this software and in all copies of the supporting
* documentation for such software.
* This software may be subject to United States export controls.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
* WARRANTY. IN PARTICULAR, NEITHER THE AUTHORS NOR AT&T MAKE ANY
* REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE MERCHANTABILITY
* OF THIS SOFTWARE OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
* Copyright 1990 - 1995, Julianne Frances Haugh
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. Neither the name of Julianne F. Haugh nor the names of its contributors
* may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
* without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY JULIE HAUGH AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL JULIE HAUGH OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
100% Public Domain
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
# any later version.
# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
# GNU General Public License for more details.
# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA
# 02111-1307, USA.
Ian Lynagh - email@example.com
If "con" is the opposite of "pro", what is the opposite of progress?