Re: Intent to package GtkGLArea

[Note: I'm the maintainer of gtkGL, although the package is not yet uploaded.]

On Wednesday 30 September 1998, at 12 h 25, the keyboard of Drake Diedrich
<Drake.Diedrich@anu.edu.au> wrote:

>    I've been using GtkGLArea for a while, slowly building up a releasable
> package.  GtkGLArea is not GtkGL.  Neither has been endorsed as _the_ Gtk GL
> widget of preference.

For those who want to make a choice, do note that:

- it seems development on gtkGL stopped. I had few mails from the author. See
<http://www.sakuranet.or.jp/~aozasa/shige/doc/comp/gtk/gtkGL/00gtkGL-en.html>.

- I don't think the two packages are compatible so an application has to
choose one or the other.

- the authors of GtkGLArea explain their choices. See
<http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/~kenelson/gtk-glarea/>