Re: ANNOUNCE: Crude hack for installing Debian thru the loopback device.

Michael Meskes <meskes@usa.net> writes:

> On Sat, Sep 26, 1998 at 01:28:59AM +0200, Jens Ritter wrote:
> > You can find a preliminary ALPHA version here:
> >
> > http://www.weh.rwth-aachen.de/~jens/DropInDebian/

> Could someone please enlighten me and tell me what this is good for?
> Installing one version inside the other for testing?

Yes, you can do this, too.

It is primarily intended for installing Debian in FAT partitions.

If you use the right initial ramdisk you can get a working
installation of Debian on a M$ system without repartitioning.

Jens

P.S.: I updated dinstall to provide an alternative menu entry.
--
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de       grimaldi@debian.org
KeyID: 2048/E451C639 1998/01/28