Re: New relases of GNOME / The redhat and GNOME relationship

On Fri, Sep 25, 1998 at 12:18:34PM +0100, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 at 08:21:11PM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> > Specail thanks to Redhat?
>
> They hold GNOME mail-lists, CVS, ... (we could do that easily, but
> gnomers thought our CVS server was really slow, and didn't asked for
> anything else). They have people working full-time for GNOME. Sure they

Actually, Debian still hosts the anonymous CVS server and we sure as
hell have problems already hosting that, to the point that it sometimes
gets shut down because of the high load.

I believe there's some kind of load-limiting measure in place now,
because I haven't been able to update for the last few days. But I also
saw an announcement that anonymous cvs is going to be distributed over
several machines soon, so that's cool.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed