Re: Upgrade & Kernel Problems

>When I compile a kernel using kernel-package it works, but
>after rebooting, I see :

>then the screen gets blank and the system reboots.
>
>I have a Tecra 720 CDT and no idea where the problem could come from.

This is a common problem with many laptops and desktops - in particular, the
Toshiba Tecras.... I'm running a 740CDT and have experienced the same
problems in the past....  I've seen lots of info that this problem exists,
but not *why*.

Solution?

1.  Download Debian's *-tecra-* diskettes and use the kernel on those.
2.  Build your own kernel from scratch "the hard way".  i.e.  "cd
/usr/src/linux; make mrproper ; make menuconfig ; make zImage && make
modules && make modules_install" ,etc....   Follow the kernel HOWTO for much
more info....

Regards,
Kevin Traas