Re: Not only KDE

On Wed, Sep 09, 1998 at 02:53:57PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Nope. We may have the right to distribute a package under the
>  GPL as long as the author has goven explicit permission to be able to
>  distribute the package even when linked with xforms. No problem there
>  -- as long as the permission is give.

I see. That is our LyX package just needs such a statement. And since it
didn't incorporate other GPLed stuff that shouldn't be an issue. But the KDE
version klyx still isn't allowed to be distributed, right?

> 	I do not use lyx, nor do I have it installed on the system (so
>  you see, I personally do not find it important ;-), so I can'tr

:-)

>  easily check the copyright for lyx and see if it is OK.
>
> 	manoj
>  who likes TeX and LaTeX, and can't figure out the allure of Lyx

I like LaTeX myself. But for writing a short little letter Lyx is much
easier to be used. Also I think not so many Linuxers know LaTeX.

> --
>  Pournelle must die!

Manoj, somehow I don't understand you sig. :-)

Michael

--
Michael Meskes			meskes@online-club.de, meskes@debian.org
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire!	Use Debian GNU/Linux!