Re: attention: whoever was going to take moonlight, xbanner
On Mon, Sep 07, 1998 at 10:19:44AM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> I volunteered to take over moonlight. If you are willing to maintain it,
> it's ok with me. Just a word of advice: you'll need to use the tools in
> slink (the new g++) to get it to compile (at least the last version). The
> tools in hamm won't do. You'll also need to package the newest gltt (you
> should take it from Joey, too). And you'll need to ask Anthony Fok
> <email@example.com> to package FreeType 1.1 to get gltt to compile (I'm CC'ing
Hehe, sorry about the long delay, but I did package and upload freetype2
(FreeType 1.1 with libttf.2.0.0) last week. :-)
freetype (1.1-1998-08-29-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream developmental snapshot.
* Now installs ttf2bdf and ttf2pk's documentation.
ttf2pk/ttf2tfm's *.sfd files are now placed in /usr/lib/ttf2tfm.
* changelog.gz now points to the re-added commitlog.gz.
* Changed "numGlymphId" to "cmap4->numGlyphId" in lib/extend/ftxcmap.c.
-- Anthony Fok <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 31 Aug 1998 04:37:57 -0600
freetype (1.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release. The old freetype-1.0 source package has been
renamed to "freetype1" and is now obsolete.
* Upgraded to standards version 220.127.116.11 (no changes).
* The package soname has been upgraded from 1 to 2. (libttf.2)
* Updated the package descriptions according to freetype.spec.
* Since teTeX 0.9 and the new <kpathsea/kpathsea.h> is in Debian,
ttf2pk is now compiled and included in freetype-tools.
* Added postinst to run ldconfig as per Debian Policy. (Lintian)
* [debian/control]: Added some package relationships w.r.t. freetype1:
- freetype2 -- Replaces: freetype1
- freetype2-dev -- Conflicts: freetype1-dev
- /usr/lib/libttf.la is now installed in the freetype2-dev package.
- Moved the developer's documentation into the freetype2-dev package.
Thanks to "Marcelo E. Magallon" <email@example.com> for suggestion.
- Added "--dpkg-shlibdeps-params=-Ldebian/tmp/DEBIAN/shlibs" to
dh_shlibdeps when packaging freetype-tools.
- Added patch from /usr/doc/lintian/libtool-workarounds.txt
to solve the -rpath problem. Debian's libtool-1.2 handles the -lc
problem quite nicely already, so that part of the patch is not used.
- Added a GNU GPL copyright statement at the top. :-)
* Ran libtoolize from the Debian libtool-1.2 package. This solves the
-lc problem. :-) config.guess and config.sub are taken from the ones
in /usr/share/automake/ though because they are newer. (Thanks to
the libtool bug report filed by Jim Pick <firstname.lastname@example.org> for hints.)
* Removed debian/README.Debian.
-- Anthony Fok <email@example.com> Fri, 28 Aug 1998 03:49:21 -0600
Yes, as Marcelo mentioned, freetype2 and other needed packages are in Slink,
not in Hamm.
Hope this helps. :-)
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling Civil and Environmental Engineering
firstname.lastname@example.org University of Alberta, Canada
email@example.com Keep smiling! *^_^*
Come visit Our Lady of Victory Camp -- http://olvc.home.ml.org/