Re: Intent to resurrect nfsroot and package etherboot

Brian Bassett <brianb@mail.wsu.edu> writes:

> I've recently been playing around with a diskless workstation working.
> I've found that the nfsboot package currently sitting in project/orphaned
> helps this rather nicely.  I've been in contact with Joost and he's given
> me his blessing to resurrect this package back into main.

> Additionally, I've been using etherboot to create ROM images for booting my
> workstation.  It's a neat utility that I found on sunsite.  Works
> beautifully for creating netbootable floppy images also.
>
> Comments?  Suggestions?

good idea. I'm running my personal workstation with nfsroot and
netboot (is part of Debian). Another but less free way would be using
a commercial boot rom plus the (till now) cost free available
bpbatch. It's described in den Linux Remote-Boot-HOWTO
http://cuiwww.unige.ch/~mvuilleu/configsc1/config.html.

Bye
  Christian

--