Re: DATOM cds.. and 2.0rX

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 02, 1998 at 01:41:03PM +0200, Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a wrote:
: >
: > [ Please answer the first question (as you didn't want to start a      ]
: > [ flame war): If you see a problem, why didn't you wrote a personal    ]
: > [ mail to us?                                                          ]
:
: 	Well, I didn't mean start a flame war with you (DATOM), I meant
: starting again the discussion on the name which should be given to the
: release of Debian including stable-updates and fixing bugs (for example
: cd_autoup.sh) which lead to *a lot* of discussion on the list.
: I have no problem with DATOM, I have only heard good things
: of it (see my apologies below). Sorry for the confusion, these didn't intend
: to be an attack to your company.

Ok, your apologies are accepted :-) -- and ... somewhen I skipped the
discussion about the naming of the releases.  Since I think, Debian is
for the users, not for the CD vendors.  It's the risk of the vendor if
the CD he sells are outdated.  Nowadays there are enough possibilities
to cope with short release cycles.  [ but -- I don't like to start the
discussion again.

: 	I have to apologize for this, since I must have had my mind frozen
: during the night (I sent this mail way over midnight :) I don't know how but
: I attributed the defective layour to DATOM, but it is Cheapbytes who gives
: problems. Please accept my excuses.

Ok.  Accepted.

: 	The point I wanted to make is that saying "2.0r2" is out, as stated
: in the web pages, seems to crush against the idea of having official CD
: Images, named (as it seems they will be) 2.0rX. Maybe it would be better to
: state that a CD has been made of the archive (current version 2.0r2), and
: *not* name the CD 2.0r2.

You may have a look at debian.schlittermann.de or www.datom.de/debian,
we've changed it slightly.

: 	Anyhow, my apologies since on reading the later e-mail it seems I
: was attacking DATOM, which is rather not what I pretended.

I wouldn't have recommended it ;-) ... and BTW we have a lot spain
customers :)

    Best Regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Gruesse aus Dresden
	Heiko Schlittermann
datom * internet * support ** Heiko Schlittermann & Partner GbR
[<a href="http://www.datom.de/debian";>Debian 2.0 stable CD</a>]
Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE finger:heiko@datom.de -----------